Is it really sour? (LAPIS' EYE Candy)

Eye Candy, is this weekend’s LaPiS’s theme. I know I know, I am a bit late posting my entry. I wanted to do it yesterday (Sunday) but I really got caught up with all the preparation for my husband’s US trip (which was today, he’s left at 6am) that it was already late when I realized that I wasn’t able to do my La.Pi.S entry. But as they say, better late than never.
So here I am with my own interpretation of the theme.

As a child, I was not really fond of sour candies. But during my teen years when I realized that I have motion sickness and was told that sucking on sour candies help alleviate the feeling of nausea, thus sucking on them I started to. And by golly it worked for me then, and is still working until now! Thus, I now eat sour candies with gusto. I guess my palate got used to it. And this is the latest sour candy that I’m addicted to.

Every week, I buy 2 little jars of this yummy sour-sweet-and spicy tamarind candy. On the photo was imported from Thailand and kind of adjusted to European taste (which isn’t too sour and hot) I kind of like more what I usually buy in Thailand (when I was living there) which was really sour (I’m salivating just recalling the taste *lol* ) and pretty hot!! Each tamarind ball would be covered with chili flakes unlike this imported ones.

But better than not tasting my favorite tamarind candies, right?

thess on January 26th 2009 in La.Pi.S, thai recipe

8 Responses to “Is it really sour? (LAPIS' EYE Candy)”

1. ces responded on 26 Jan 2009 at 5:59 pm #

i love ours..those that are really really sweet! or G’s moniegold! pero pwede na rin ito! hehe! drooling! hanubeh…next time titaT sama ka na k hubby and go straight to the east coast ha!:) ice shot, btw! as ever!

ces’s last blog post..By: Thess

2. Gmirage responded on 26 Jan 2009 at 6:01 pm #

Ang sampalok, ke maasim, matamis o maalat, masarap! :lol:

Gmirage’s last blog post..Eye Candy too!

3. Pinky responded on 26 Jan 2009 at 10:16 pm #

Yup – the Thai tamarinds are the best – whether fresh or candied – yummy!!! :razz:

Galing naman ng quality control ng tamarind candies mo – talagang pantay-pantay ang size ha! Pang-export ang beauty kaya bongga! Hahaha! :mrgreen:

Pinky’s last blog post..LaPiS: Eye Candy

4. maiylah responded on 27 Jan 2009 at 1:42 am #

yum! gusto ko rin yan!!! :)

maiylah’s last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: Eye Candy

5. julie responded on 27 Jan 2009 at 9:34 am #

Parang may kumikiliti sa panga ko ah :lol:

6. iska responded on 27 Jan 2009 at 9:41 am #

i can feel my jaw clenching…
    sarap… at ang asim hmmm

iska’s last blog post..What If You Open a Filipino Restaurant…

7. MArites responded on 27 Jan 2009 at 4:36 pm #

first time i’ve tried it in Thailand, nanibago ako pero it’s good naman talaga. Sanay lang ako sa Pinoy sampalok na mas maasim.

MArites’s last blog post..Extended Course Term for Nursing and Education Students

8. abby responded on 29 Jan 2009 at 9:02 pm #

huli man daw at magaling! thess i love sampaloc candy!! sarap nyan, kakamiss!!!

abby’s last blog post..Bibingka Love