Paksiw na Manok: Lasang Pinoy left-over

My lola (grandmother) was really good in using left overs. Chicken, pork, and fish she’d use them all ‘again’ to produce yummy ‘new’ viand. Nothing must be wasted, her words of wisdom.

I was thinking of my lola while preparing this. I had extra fried chicken breast fillet in the freezer and also a bottle of Sarsa ni Mang Tomas. I also found a sack of bulaklak ng saging (banana blossom or heart) well the rest you know…

my own version of Paksiw na Manok which surprisingly, my Dutchman found nice and even had two servings with his steamed rice.

thess on January 11th 2009 in chicken, La.Pi.S

17 Responses to “Paksiw na Manok: Lasang Pinoy left-over”

1. iska responded on 11 Jan 2009 at 9:51 pm #

I think everybody would love paksiw with Mang Tomas. :-) Your photo looks YUM!
    I remember once I tried making my own lechon sauce.

iska’s last blog post..La.Pi.S: Breaded Shrimps

2. thess responded on 11 Jan 2009 at 10:39 pm #

I don’t think I have the patience to make my own lechon sarsa ha ha! But I think it’s a lot nicer than the commercial one?

thanks for the visit, Iska

3. Gmirage responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 12:09 am #

Di kaya magkamag-anak lola mo at lola ni hubby ko hehe.

This is a dish I can’t and haven’t tried…naku pero dahil sa mga foodies ng gaya mo naeengganyo ako gawin… :grin: Enjoy your meal/week!

Gmirage’s last blog post..Lasang Pinoy Sundays – Leftovers

4. luna miranda responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 4:05 am #

i haven’t tried paksiw na manok yet…sounds yummy!

luna miranda’s last blog post..Lasang Pinoy: leftover

5. Cookie responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 5:22 am #

mang tomas saves the day :) love this recipe, btw.

my entry is HERE

6. arlene responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 7:13 am #

wow, this looks really YUMMY!!! :)

arlene’s last blog post..LP: Pula

7. missy responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 1:50 pm #

:mrgreen: ang sarap naman kainin…tsaka ang ganda ng bowl mo!!!

missy’s last blog post..LSS

8. Jay responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 2:09 pm #

we do this on our left over fried or letchon chix or pork

thanx for vsiting my site ms.Thess

9. Lynn responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 4:53 pm #

Your left over is so “pretty”. I have tried paksiw na pata and lechon but not chicken. Pwede rin pala. :D

Lynn’s last blog post..Ube Jam

10. Munchkin Mommy responded on 12 Jan 2009 at 5:22 pm #

hey thesserie! :) i very rarely cook paksiw because D doesn’t like vinegar. but i loooove paksiw. and my favorite is paksiw na pata…yung manamis-namis! yum! :)

Munchkin Mommy’s last blog post..WS #41: Sweet and Sour Fish

11. ces responded on 13 Jan 2009 at 4:27 am #

uy titaT this reminds me, our left over turkey will do justice to this…or the other way around!:) nice nice photo!

ces’s last blog post..By: Clicking Away

12. Manang responded on 13 Jan 2009 at 5:02 am #

must try this one! mukhang pagkasarap-sarap! Siguro magugustuhan din ni hubby ko basta breast ang gagamitin ko.

Galing mo talaga sa photography!

Manang’s last blog post..Baked Mac&Cheese with Ham & Brocolli

13. Clicking Away responded on 13 Jan 2009 at 11:12 am #

I love paksiw especially if from lechon baboy. The version with Mang Tomas is really good (all around sarsa talaga yan). I have not tasted paksiw with banana blossoms… mukhang gusto ko rin yan ha.

Medyo na surprised ako na gusto ni hubby ang paksiw… di ba they usually hate the smell of our food?

I hope baby Charlie is feeling much better now.

Clicking Away’s last blog post..LaPiS 022 – Left Overs

14. Pinky responded on 13 Jan 2009 at 12:23 pm #

Wow, paksiw na manok – thanks for the tip, Thess! Will try this one of these days since this is the closest we could probably get here to paksiw na oink-oink! :wink:

Pinky’s last blog post..LaPiS: Left-Overs

15. Jescel responded on 13 Jan 2009 at 6:46 pm #

honestly, i don’t like Mang Tomas as is for lechon. but when added to paksiw, that stuff works! your paksiw really looks yummy.. i haven’t had paksiw in a while so it’s time to make one.. thanks for reminding me!

Jescel’s last blog post..Apple & Horseradish Glazed Salmon

16. tigerfish responded on 15 Jan 2009 at 12:26 pm #

The beauty of leftovers! YAY!

tigerfish’s last blog post..Chicken, Shrimps and Greens – my Stir Fry Pasta lingo!

17. Willa responded on 23 Jan 2009 at 3:11 am #

salamat sa pag post ng recipe na ito, dahil ako ngayon ay excited lutuin ang aking chicken paksiw and it’s all bec i saw this post.

Willa’s last blog post..Praying Hands